A Word from our Principal, Teri Rider
As a visual artist, everything is a spoke that touches the hub of my “art” wheel. I love nature, I rescue animals, I collect books, and my favorite smells are rain, woodsmoke, and used bookstores. I’m a mom and a book midwife.
Quite simply, I love to work with authors to build beautiful books. My profession has intertwined art and design for over three decades and after trying many things, I’ve landed in the lap of my favorite: All things books.
I worked for a traditional academic publisher as creative director for over 10 years where I experienced most every aspect of publishing from marketing to illustration, managing production and new product development. I art directed a brilliant magazine about wearable art. I had a taste of a corporate marketing department. I learned about print production from every angle. I embraced the new technologies as they were born and can’t wait to see what’s next.
To me, hybrid-publishing is the most exciting direction my career path could have merged with. And it’s the perfect fit.
Founded Teri Rider and Associates – 1983
Academic Communication Associates – 1987
Ornament Magazine – 1997
Corporate Marketing Department – 2000
Art director/Sr. Designer Photography and Design Studio – 2002
Founded Top Reads Publishing, LLC – 2015
Why people hire Top Reads
- Our book design fee not only includes layout and cover design, but over 30 years of experience fine-tuning my skills and staying on top of new trends, information, and technology.
- We don’t just format your book. Anyone with basic InDesign skills can do that and some companies even automate the process. We design your book, not just format it. Our designers look at each page and make sure it flows and follows good rules of typography. Page designs often include embellishments on chapter headers or page dividers, and sometimes in the footer or header if it fits with the story.
- Our knowledge expands beyond book design and well into all self-publishing models, POD (Print on Demand), traditional printing and production, and more, all of which benefit our clients through the entire process.
- You get to work with our principal, Teri Rider, directly, She personally manages every project ensuring your book is as close to perfection when we are done as is humanly possible.
- Since we have been in the industry for over three decades, we have valuable contacts and resources and can guide you in the direction that is right for you and your end goal. Resources include: trade printers, ebook specialists, editors, web developers, marketing experts, social media gurus, photographers, spiritual counselors, and more.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send me an inquiry and I will get back to you right away!